How to get Beach Waves - California Curls
|Billy Lowe shares beach wave tips|
California curls or "beach waves" is super easy to achieve. It doesn't have to be precise, it doesn't have to take hours, and it doesn't require a lot of rollers or hot tools. In fact, all you need are your fingers, a few clips, and your hair dryer and brush.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Hair dryer
- Silver clips (duck bill clips)
- Detangling spray as needed
- GLOSS & TOSS hair shine serum or
- Volumizing serum if you want more volume
- Light finishing spray as desired
Read entire article to see the finished result.
TO GET THIS LOOK:
- Shampoo and condition as normal.
- Towel dry hair and apply a light hydrating/detangling mist.
- Prep hair with.....a small amount of GLOSS & TOSS hair shine serum to add a smooth and controlled finish and polished look. Don't use too much for this look.
- Brush through using a large paddle brush for even distribution, detangling, and prep
- Blow-dry hair loosely with fingers (as always starting with root sections to be sure they are completely dry
- Use large sections and a medium sized round brush to dry sections. When completely dry, wrap hair in large 2-3 inch sections around fingers to create a BARREL CURL, and clip barrel curl to base area (scalp area)
- Do this throughout until all hair is dried in this manner. (I like to leave the bangs more natural so I don't put them in a clip - see my photo above)
- Use a light hold spray when finished and allow barrel curls to cool down for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove clips, shake loose, and voila. Gorgeous tresses worthy of the red carpet.
The end result - photo seen here - hair by Billy Lowe.
Photography by Jeromy Robert Photography - Los Angeles
Thanks for reading. Stay tuned to LoweLights.com for lots of great beauty tips and stand by for great products coming from GLOSS & TOSS.
FOUNDER - GLOSS & TOSS BRANDS