Monday, November 27, 2006
Tis the season - yet again. But worry not good shoppers, time and money saving tips are easier than you might imagine. Here’s what Hairstylist Billy Lowe has to say:
1. Call ahead. If you're a frequent or routine shopper and know what you want, or you need "refills" on purchases (such as hair-care or other beauty products), call your beauty professional ahead of time, place your order over the phone with a credit card, and ask them to have it wrapped and ready for your pick-up. Many clients do this when booking so that when their cut or color is done, their retail products or styling tools are packaged and ready for check-out. Also remember to plan a month or two ahead for your beauty appointments next year to secure your preferred appointment times. This will help you avoid last-minute holiday scheduling.
2. Make a list. If you’re concerned about time, make a list and stick to it. This way, you’ll avoid compulsive shopping or over-spending. You’ll be in and out in a flash; especially if you’re visiting a familiar store. Likewise, if you’re on a budget, leave credit cards at home and take a set amount of cash for your holiday shopping.
3. Beauty Gift Sets. These are my favorite and I love the holidays for this very reason. Practically every beauty line out there creates gift sets for the holidays for him, her, adult or teens. Pureology hair care systems creates wonderful holiday sets. These are a great value because they are usually larger quantities of what you use, or they include a free product. If it’s something you use year-round, stock up during holiday time. Everything from skincare, hair care, grooming kits for him, beauty kits with a few extra pieces - it’s really worth it. Ladies, don’t forget the man in your life this holiday season. There are great products out there just for him for his grooming needs as well. Remember, many of these gift sets are limited in supply so plan ahead to take advantage of these great offers.
4. Take a friend. Shopping with a friend is always much more fun. You’ll keep each other motivated, and you never know, your friend might spot that perfect gift for someone that you might have overlooked otherwise.
5. Have it delivered. If shopping the day after Thanksgiving isn’t your cup of tea, many products and services are available on-line and can be delivered right to your door, or your gift recipient’s door. Instead of spending your day in the malls, treat yourself to your favorite salon or day-spa and dream away knowing your work is already done.
Welcome to LoweLights.com with Hollywood Hair Stylist Billy Lowe
Celebrity Hair Stylist Billy Lowe is a Los Anglees based hair stylist and the founder of Gloss & Toss hair products delivering the bes...
??? Celebrity hair stylist Billy Lowe will be interviewing a very special guest this coming week. Stay tuned to LoweLights.com to find ...
There are several things to consider when it comes to tipping. It seems everywhere we turn there's a tip jar set aside for gratuities. ...
I had the opportunity to play CHRISTMAS EVERYWHERE at Phipps Plaza - Buckhead. These were two gorgeous pianos provided by Cooper Pi...