|Hair by Billy Lowe - Barrel curl settings add volume.|
1. An oily scalp can cause blonde hair to look dull or dark. Often times people go 3-4 days without shampooing hair and then complain that their re-growth is growing in too quickly or that their hair line looks/feels darker than it should. Oily hair tends to lay flat on the head which also makes hair look darker.
2. When light passes through hair it helps create a brighter/lighter look. So volume and space in the hair can help create a lighter look to the scalp/regrowth area. In tip #1 above, I shared that oily hair lays flatter and has less volume and doesn't allow light to pass through. So use volumizing serums to "pump it up" and this will help hair look brighter/lighter. Use hot rollers or set hair in barrel curls to add volume and lift in order that more light (space) can pass through the hair to minimize dull/dark root areas.
3. Freshly blown out hair looks brighter. Hair that is clean and has been freshly blown out has more shine. Shine creates brightness and will give the illusion of a lighter look. Remember to use Gloss & Toss for shiny hair.
4. Scatter the part. Rather than parting hair in a straight line - scatter the part so that color shifts throughout. This distracts the eye and helps create a less dark looking root area.
5. Timely touch-ups. Be sure you're on time with your salon appointments so keep hair looking and feeling its very best.
|Available online at www.glossandtoss.net|
Hope you enjoy these tips, as shared in my hair salon in Westlake Village today with a client.