|Billy Lowe and client at shampoo area for scalp treatment|
Many of my salon clients agree that shampoo time in the salon (second to a perfect blow-out) is probably their favorite item on the menu. The warm water pouring over one's scalp, various shampoo and conditioning fragrances, perhaps a little incense, and a great, therapeutic shampoo and conditioning treatment just make the whole salon experience extra special.
While it doesn't quite feel the same when you do it yourself, the benefits are still these for scalp massage:
- Cleansing hair and scalp
- Helping exfoliate ...................scalp area to remove dead surface cells
- Stimulating circulation at the scalp area which helps detox as well
- Removing excess build-up of products in hair and scalp area
and so much more. In fact, many hair salons offer spa scalp treatments and extra massage time at the shampoo area as an add-on service to the client's visit.
Some additional services might include:
- Deep conditioning treatments with massage
- Anti-oxidant detox scalp treatment
- Deep cleansing hair and scalp treatment with massage
- Sea mud masque
just to name a few.
So the next time you're in the hair salon, be sure to treat yourself to an extra service or two, especially if they call for a relaxing scalp massage. You'll be glad you did.
Founder of GLOSS & TOSS
Follow us on Twitter: @billylowe
Become fans on Facebook: www.facebook.com/billylowefans