Looking for a little volume and not quite sure how to pump it up? The key to this is a product called root-lift. Each manufacturer may call it something different but that's the idea of it. There are a number of other names for this product such as root-boost, root-volume, root-lift, etc.
The purpose of a root lift product is to give volume and lift at the root area to prevent hair from looking or becoming flat throughout the day. I recommend speaking to your hair stylist or salon professional to see which products or brands might be right for you. These root lift products come in a variety of sizes and price points so there's definitely something for everyone.
How to use:
- Shampoo & condition as normal (use lighter amounts of conditioner at root area when more volume is needed.
- Towel dry and apply root-lift at the root area massaging throughout.
- Apply other styling products as needed through the ends of the hair to protect against thermal styling, to give volume, shine, or whatever look you may be going for.
- Direct air flow from hair dryer at the root area as you lift hair to dry.
- Finish styling in desired manner and finish with a light hold hair spray (or firm hold if needed), as recommended by your salon professional.